Welcome to Hone—a journey designed to enhance your hormonal health. Follow this simple guide to navigate each step from your initial test kit purchase to ongoing treatment, ensuring a seamless experience tailored just for you.
1. Purchasing the Initial Test Kit:
How: You can purchase a test kit by visiting www.honehealth.com to get your Hone 1 test kit for $45.
What: This kit covers testing for 8 hormonal biomarkers.
Time: Expect delivery within 2-3 days from purchase
- Read more about the biomarkers that the initial test kit tests for, and why they are important here: Biomarkers Questions
- If you are having any login related issues read here: Login Troubleshooting
- If you are having any kit registration issues read here: Kit Registration Guide
2. Collecting the Sample:
How: Register your kit on the Hone account and complete the intake form.
What: Follow easy instructions to collect and ship your sample.
Time: Track your kit back to the lab using the return tracking link in your account. Results will be posted to your account approximately in 5-7 days, after the lab receives your sample.
- Note: In case of inconclusive results, we'll send you another kit at no extra cost.
- See a video on how to collect your sample here:
3. Scheduling a Consultation:
How: You will be able to schedule your consultation once you receive a complete reading for your test results.
What: Schedule a virtual consultation with a Hone-affiliated physician through your Hone account. Once you schedule your consultation you will receive a confirmation email, which will include your intake forms and an ID verification. This can be completed anytime before your consultation, and is mandatory in order to attend the consultation.
Time: In general, most states will have consultation availability within a week. If you do not see a time or day that works for you, please contact us so we can help!
- Read step-by-step scheduling instructions here: Scheduling a Consultation
4. Intake Forms and ID Verification:
How: Complete intake forms and ID Verification on your Hone account or by clicking the link in your consultation confirmation email.
What: Complete intake forms to provide detailed health information and use the Hone approved IDV application for ID verification.
Time: This process will take approximately 20 minutes to complete, and since it is required in order to attend your consultation we recommend that you give your self ample time to complete. This can be completed anytime between scheduling your consultation and attending your consultation.
5. Completing the Consult:
How: Log into your account at the scheduled consultation time.
What: Join the video audio consultation after completing intake forms and ID verification. Discuss your lab results, treatment goals, and create a personalized treatment plan.
Time: Your initial consultation will last 30 minutes.
- Read important consultation tips here: Consultation Tips
6. Purchase Treatment Plan:
How: After your consultation you will get an email indicating your treatment plan is ready, or you go to your Hone account and follow purchasing instructions.
What: Log into your Hone account to complete the checkout process. The final cost includes a membership fee, and your medication cost.
- Note: If you are prescribed testosterone, you will need to complete a mandatory confirmatory testing. Choose between an at-home kit or a LabCorp visit.
- Read step-by-step check out instructions here: Post-Consultation Next Steps
7. Confirmatory Test Kit:
How: If you are prescribed testosterone, confirmatory testing will be available for purchase at checkout, and you will be able to choose between an at-home kit or a LabCorp visit.
What: This test checks your health-related biomarkers and verifies testosterone levels. Results will be reviewed by a Hone-affiliated provider, and you will receive a text message and email if you are approved.There maybe instances that a retest may be required.
Time: Labcorp test results will be available 48 hours after completing your at-lab blood draw. At-home test results will be available 5-7 days after the lab receives your sample. The doctor will review and provide next steps within 48 hours after receiving the test results.
- If you chose the Labcorp option, Please see additional instructions here: Accessing LabCorp requisition and scheduling a LabCorp appointment
- Read why the confirmatory test is important and the health biomarkers that we test for here: Understanding Confirmatory Testing
- Read about the importance of retesting here: Why Retesting is Important
8. Receiving Medication:
How: The pharmacy ops team will send your prescription to one of our partner pharmacies for processing.
What: The pharmacy will run your information against a national drug database called the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program which is a database that compiles the fill history for controlled medications. This is to ensure that a patient is not getting more medication than prescribed. Once passed, the pharmacy will process your medication and prepare it for shipment.
Time: The prescription processing can take up to 3-5 business days and medication is shipped using 2-day FedEx shipping.
- Note: Controlled substances (like testosterone) require a signature upon delivery.
- Read how to manage your medication delivery here: Managing your Delivery
9. Follow-Up Testing:
How: Follow-up testing and consultations every 3 months for the first year, then every 6 months after year one of treatment.
What:You will have more frequent follow ups in your first year of treatment as you and your Hone-affiliated provider fine tune your treatment plan. After the first year, you will more or less know what works for you and will have less frequent testing. You will discuss your follow-up test results and adjust the treatment plan if necessary, with your Hone affiliated provider with a 15-minute follow-up consult to review results.
- Read more about follow up testing here: The Hone Follow-up Process
Congratulations! You've successfully navigated the Hone patient journey. Your hormonal health is our priority, and we're here to guide you every step of the way. For any questions or assistance, reach out to our support team at Support Form